Aweber Review – How To Use Aweber With WordPress?
Are you still sending emails to your customers the old fashioned way? If so, it’s time to pull your marketing efforts into the 21st century. It’s possible to avoid sending emails with ineffective layouts and low conversions. All you need is Aweber – a powerful email marketing tool that helped us make an extra $3,000+ per month. Stay tuned to find out what it is, why you need it, and more in this Aweber Review!
What is Aweber?
In a nutshell, Aweber is email-marketing software for small businesses. One of the main features is automating email campaigns which will save you a lot of time.
With Aweber you can:
- Build and customize emails and landing pages.
- Analyze results of emails and other campaigns.
- Ensure the delivery of your emails.
- Manage your list with a simple interface.
The great part about Aweber is, you don’t have to be a coding-pro to use the software. You can complete your tasks through a simple drag-and-drop menu.
There is the option for self-coding as well. If you’re up for the challenge!
Why do you need Aweber?
Since the rise of social media, there are many platforms to focus your marketing on. It's fair to think that there are more important places than email. But, that couldn’t be further from the truth.
There are many statistics proving the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns. Capterra has a list of statistics supporting email marketing, our 2 favorites were:
- “89% of marketers use email as their primary lead generation channel.” (Source: Capterra)
- “75% of Gmail’s 900 million users access email by mobile.” (Source: Capterra)
In these two pieces of data alone, we can see the effectiveness of email marketing. Though email marketing may seem old and primitive, it’s still one of the most personal channels out there.
Aweber Review – Email vs Paper Mail
Email is the digital equal of paper mail. But, think about your reactions to receiving an email vs a letter in the mail.
When you receive paper mail, your automatic assumption is that it’s either junk or a bill. Never a message you want to read!
But with email, there is always something interesting. It could be an email about your favorite hobby or an informational newsletter you love.
Aweber Review – Email vs Social Media
Social media can seem like the most logical place for marketing. But, when most people are on social media they’re either, scrolling to fill the time, or talking to their friends.
It’s possible to drive brand awareness. But Facebook recently made it harder for customers to see businesses. So, even customers that have liked your pages will have a hard time connecting with you.
Email is a Personal Channel
Email is a great marketing tool, it helps build direct relationships with customers. Like paper mail, it’s possible to send out a bulk email to your list which makes communication simple. But, since the message goes straight to your customer’s inbox it feels like a message especially for them.
Now, your customers opt-in because they’re interested in what you have to say. They resonate with your message and want to continue the conversation. Why wouldn’t you want to take advantage of such a powerful tool?
Why Email is Best
Email saves you a lot of time and money. You don’t need to head down to the Post Office, or waste resources such as paper to get your message delivered.
You’re able to track metrics. This gives you concrete feedback on your marketing campaign. Aweber tracks and quantifies key information like open and click-through rates. This is important when optimizing your strategy to get the best results.
Email automation plays a key role in carrying out an effective marketing plan. Sending a customized template split seconds after customers opt-in keeps them engaged.
It’s also possible to create a series of emails that customers receive based on your time specifications (daily, weekly, etc.). And you can send welcome emails in separate parts or it could be a series on a particular topic, the choice is yours.
Relying on an external website like Facebook or Twitter can pose future problems. They are able to change their rules on content and interaction to suit their own needs. So, if they decide they don’t want certain content on their platform and you’re in that category, that’s it… you’re out!
I’m sure you’ve seen a few cases of them banning ‘influencers’ from their platforms because of their behavior. I'm sure that's not going to happen to you, but it’s something to be aware of.
Finally, email is a great way to make use of calls to action. In marketing, this is one of the most powerful strategies to get customers to do something you desire. Whether that’s to click a link, visit a website, or order a product. By making it easy for them they are more likely to carry out the desired action.
Since you already know why it’s so important for your business to use email marketing, let’s jump into how Aweber can help.
Design or Create Custom Email Templates & Landing Pages
- AI-powered email template designer which helps you build branded emails faster.
- An essential tool for capturing customer information and turning them into a lead.
- You are free to create Aweber landing pages without the need for a website.
- They also provide a stock image library so you don’t have to go searching on other websites.
- The pages are all Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel ready.
Drag & Drop Email Creation:
- Allows you to create custom emails in minutes.
- You can use a template, plain text, or hand-code it if you have the skills.
- Aweber provides over 6000 free images to help you engage your customers.
- You can make use of over 700 pre-built templates. So, if you’re out of inspiration you’re able to scroll through and find something unique for your business.
- This gives you the ability to auto-create newsletters for your customers. It works by connecting with your blog’s RSS feed.
- In Aweber, they’re referred to as blog broadcasts.
Aweber Review – Automate Emails & Campaigns
Create Automations & Email Sequences:
- This includes drip campaigns and triggered campaigns. You can do all your work with the easy drag & drop interface. No coding needed!
- Aweber provides tons of free education and training. So if you’re not confident, they’ll be able to guide you through the process.
- Make use of over 800 integrations with businesses like Facebook and Shopify.
- Allows you to transition customers between categories without the need to keep watch.
- Allows you to target the right customers with the right campaigns.
- According to Instapage, personalizing emails results in an 82% increase in email openings. Who doesn’t want that?
Industry Leading Email Deliverability:
- Aweber makes sure that the delivery gets to its intended place. The delivery process stays in-house, ensuring that your customers receive your email.
Analytics & Reporting
- Aweber’s pre-built reports allow you to track open rates, sales, and more.
- You’re able to target customers based on analytics. As well as track metrics to make changes to your strategy.
Easy to Understand KPIs:
- Don’t stress about numbers, Aweber provides intuitive KPIs that anyone can understand.
- Have a spare moment at the coffee shop? Check your mobile reports and stay up to date wherever you are.
- With Aweber, you can test up to 3 emails at a time.
- You’re not restricted to only subject lines. Test subject lines, message content, and more to get an accurate picture.
Aweber Review – Engage More People
Segmentation & Targeting:
- Choose how to view and target customers based on your own categories.
Sign up Forms:
- Customize your sign up forms without the need to worry about finding another service.
- If you already have a list that’s okay, Aweber makes it a breeze to move your contacts to their platform.
Integrate Many Business Systems
Over 800 Integrations:
- Businesses like Facebook, Shopify, and WordPress integrate into Aweber with ease.
- Aweber integrates with businesses over many domains. Including CRMs, content management systems, and lead generation software.
Aweber Review – Mobile Apps
- Allows you to build your list on the go and create a sign-up form through the app.
- Create and send newsletters from your mobile with content from your blog and website.
- Gives you the ability to analyze all your key information on the go.
Creating Aweber Landing Pages
Aweber allows you to produce high-quality landing pages without being a tech genius. Use the landing page builder to drag and drop your elements. Remember to have your images ready and know what to type!
Their professional templates' major focus is on converting customers to email subscribers. The templates are customizable as well if you need to add or remove elements. Aweber provides 1000s of free images and has an image gallery to store extra images of your choice.
Your landing pages auto integrate with your Aweber account so you won’t have any extra work to do. The best part is that it’s included in your membership at no extra cost to you!
How to Create a Landing Page
1. Pick a Template
Scroll through the available templates and choose something that catches your eye. Remember, you’re free to customize it the way you like.
2. Edit Elements Like Logo, Pictures, and Text
To change pictures or logos, click the element you want to change. On the right-hand side of the page, click upload an image or image gallery.
Once you’re finished with the images you can begin to edit the text. Aweber provides hints in the text areas, so if you’re stuck they’ll give you some tips.
You also have options to add columns and adjust sizing.
3. Add New Elements
From the left-hand side of the page, you’re able to add new elements like images, forms, and buttons. All you do is drag and drop them in your desired place and begin to edit.
4. Edit Form
5. Page Properties
You’re up to the last step! Here you can choose whether your background is an image or one color.
Make sure to fill out the sharing and SEO section with a page title, description, and social sharing image. This makes it look better on social media and helps Google with reading the page
You can always find your landing page under the landing pages tab on your Aweber account. Be sure to click publish when your page is ready, so you can start using it.
Aweber has the biggest collection of template designs for email marketing. No one else comes close. Some people say that the templates are a bit dated but we know you’ll be able to find a unique fit for your business. Like we mentioned before, you’re able to create a customized template to suit your specific needs. So the more inspiration you can get, the better.
All the templates feature responsive designs. This means that the template design changes to fit the viewing device. It ensures that everyone has the best viewing experience.
Another great feature is the ability to use a wider range of fonts than most other services. By using more attractive fonts you can improve your KPIs, through better open rates and more.
If you can’t find something you like, Aweber provides custom design services. It does cost extra though.
Aweber vs Mailchimp vs Getresponse
As a whole, they’re never more than $10 apart from each other. Aweber starts at $19 per month, Getresponse at $15 per month, and Mailchimp at $10 per month.
Both Aweber and Getresponse provide 30-day trials. Aweber up to 500 and Getresponse up to 250 contacts. Mailchimp has a free but restricted version for users under 2000 subscribers.
Aweber also provides a separate free plan for use under 500 subscribers. Like Mailchimp it also has restrictions. Though, it can be a good option for businesses with low subscribers. As Aweber is more powerful than Mailchimp.
The trial from Getresponse and free plans from the others don’t need your credit card details. This is always a plus if you worry about unfair charges.
For this section, it depends on your preferences. Mailchimp’s analytics are the easiest to understand but have less depth. Getresponse provides a middle ground with good analytics and a smaller learning curve. But if you want access to a powerhouse of data analytics, you have to go with Aweber.
There might be a bit extra to wrap your head around as a beginner. But, to be the best you have to put in some work.
In this category, they’re all pretty similar but Mailchimp has had some issues in the past. These issues have caused Mailchimp to be strict and ban many affiliate links. So, if you’re looking to use them, make sure you don’t use banned links in your emails.
Aweber wins on the sheer number but between them, there are plenty of templates to go around. They all feature drag and drop editing which is becoming a standard these days.
All do have 24-hour support on paid plans. But, from what we can see Getresponse comes in at number three. This is because they only provide email and chat support.
Although it’s not 24-hour service, Mailchimp beats them by 1% by having phone service on the premium plan.
Aweber comes out on top by providing 24-hour service for all three ways of communication.
Aweber vs Moosend
One of the latest competitors to the email marketing world is Moosend. This is one of our favourite email marketing tools at the moment and you can check out our Moosend Review.
How Much Does Aweber Cost?
|0-500||$19 per month|
|501-2,500||$29 per month|
|2,501-5,000||$49 per month|
|5,001-10,000||$69 per month|
|10,001-25,000||$149 per month|
Like we mentioned before there is a free plan. But it’s capped at 500 subscribers, 3000 emails per month, and 1 list profile among other things.
If you want to try the powerhouse of email marketing. Click here for an exclusive 14.9% discount from WHR Marketing.
If you’d prefer the 30-day Aweber free trial, click here instead.
Aweber Review Summary – Is Aweber Worth It?
Well that's it for our Aweber Review, if you’re looking for the most power and flexibility for your money, Aweber is the one to go for.
- Over 700 customizable templates.
- Tons of analytical data to target your customers and improve your campaigns.
- Over 800 business integrations
If you’re only getting started, don’t worry it’s still a great choice. Remember, the free plan without restrictions! This allows you to get started and move up when you’re ready.
Get an exclusive 14.9% OFF Aweber from WHR Marketing – here
Aweber Review – 25th December 2020