Pretty Links Review – What is the best link shortener?
One of the features of a successful website is the presence of links. Find out how to create cloaked links professionally in this Pretty Links Review.
Stat: In a recent study by WHR Marketing, we gained a 27% higher conversation rate by using a link cloaking tool (Pretty Links) vs using no cloaking tool at all.
See our Pretty Links Pro Demo for more info:
Affiliate marketing has become a common way for website owners to earn on their website. Thanks to this development, links have become a frequent part of website posts. As of 2016, it was discovered that about 9% of website owners earned more than $50,000 from affiliate marketing (Source).
Affiliate marketing is just one of the many marketing methods, just like social media that are in existence today. You can even combine more than one method to get the best result. This can lead to your website becoming littered with links, making it look somewhat disorganized. Disorganized links can be rectified by the use of plugins that help organize your links and make your website posts look more professional. This process is known as link cloaking or link shrinking.
One such plugin is Pretty Links.
What is Pretty Links?
The link cloaking process has many plugins you can use for creating clean links. Anyone familiar with WordPress plugins has probably heard of Pretty Links. For those of you who haven’t already heard of this plugin, let’s take a look at what it is.
Pretty Links is a WordPress plugin that helps with link cloaking. As links can make your content look disorganized or ugly, you can make it seem more appropriate for your post with Pretty Links.
Pretty Links can serve as a Link Shortener, Link Cloaker, Link Shrinking Service, etc. all to make your content look better. Don't worry about long links increasing your word count or making your content seem like gibberish. You can shorten and create target URLs, and still retain all elements of the original link. You can even share your new link via social media platforms or other channels. Social media is one of the most popular advertising channels, and you can exploit that with Pretty Links.
As an affiliate marketer, data is stored in your link and you could lose data when the link is changed. This is not the case with Pretty Links as it makes use of 301 redirections to forward data from your new link to the original link. So, you don’t have to worry about losing any of your bonuses or any potential gain from any links you alter. With Pretty Links, you can create clean simple URLs and can even fit it contextually into your content.
Why do you need Pretty Links?
There are many reasons why you need Pretty Links but if you aren’t already convinced, here are a few more reasons to choose the plugin:
- Protection: The most important reason for link cloaking is to protect your affiliate link.
- Improved SEO: SEO has many benefits and the content of your website needs to be optimized for you to get these benefits. With Pretty Links, your links can fit better in the flow of your write-up and thus improve the SEO rating of your website.
- Link Management: Link Management is one of the best features of Pretty Links even though this feature is only available in the Pro Version. Link Management affords you complete control over the links on your website and how they appear. With this feature, you will not only have links looking better, but you can choose a target URL.
- Link Tracking: One of the key features of affiliate links is the ability to track link clicks. This is the way affiliate services track how their marketers are performing. With Pretty Links, you can also track clicks on your link.
- Appeal: The appeal is the most common reason most people make use of Pretty Links. No more do you have to endure long links that have no oral or visual appeal. Now, your links can look and sound interesting to your readers and look desirable for readers to click. You can also create Pretty Bars with this service. A Pretty Bar is a clever way of presenting a link, such that the reader doesn't see a link, rather, a pop-up. This will also help improve appeal and SEO ratings.
Pretty Links Features?
Pretty Links come with many great features which makes it one of the best link cloaking plugins available.
Some of these features include:
- Hyperlinking Keywords: Most website posts usually revolve around a single genre. After creating a Pretty Link, you can hyperlink this link to a certain keyword on your website. Rather than going through your website posts manually and hyperlinking the chosen keyword, you can do it automatically. With Pretty Links, you can alter the chosen keyword throughout your website, on all your post.
- Statistics Monitoring: One of the key aspects of affiliate marketing is monitoring your statistics. Pretty Links give you the ability to track link clicks on the web. Your link clicks can help you track your potential earnings and improve your website. With this knowledge, you can make changes to improve the performance of links or to remove them if they aren’t getting enough link clicks. One important thing you should do is to exclude IP addresses from stats. With Pretty Links, you can do just that.
- Clean and Simple URLs: The first function of Pretty Links is to simplify links. You get to take your long and messy link and create a clean URL.
Pretty Links WordPress Plugin
Pretty Links WordPress Plugin has an interface that is easy to operate.
If you wish to use this plugin on your WordPress website, then here are the steps you will need to take:
- The first thing you need to do is to download and install the plugin on your website. Once this step is completed, then you move to insert your license. Here, you get to upgrade to the Pro Package you paid for (If you pay for the Pro Version which we highly recommend).
- Next, you can set up the plugin based on what you hope to achieve. This can be achieved in the options panel. Here, you can generate a Pretty Link, use your active blog link, or even input a link manually. The number of options available to you varies depending on the plan you are on.
Pretty Links Alternatives
There are several other alternatives to Pretty Links that can provide Link Cloaking Services. Some of the other plugins in this category include Bitly and Thirsty Affiliates. We take a look at how Pretty Links compare to these other plugins.
- Pretty Links vs Bitly: Bitly is probably the most popular Link Shrinking service available. This is because it offers many more services along with link shrinking. Bitly is a plugin that covers more than just link shrinking, making it a well-rounded plug-in. The plugin is also available for use, freely. You don’t have to pay to make use of Bitly. This creates a problem as some of its features may not function as well as the Premium Version of Pretty Links Pro.
- Pretty Links vs Thirsty Affiliates: The first thing you notice about these two plugins is that they cost the same. Thirsty Affiliates go as far as to offer refunds after 14 days if you are not satisfied. Both products have similar sets of features and do almost the same thing with a few differences. One separating factor however is the fact that Thirsty Affiliates is a more generic plugin, whereas Pretty Links specializes in Link Cloaking.
How much does Pretty Links cost?
The cost of a plugin can prove to be the deciding factor for website owners. There is a free version of the plugin which doesn’t require you to make any payments, but this is a limited option. The functions available have limited capacities and some features aren’t even available. There are three categories in the paid class for Pretty Links.
Pretty Links Beginner Plan
The first paid plan is the Beginner Plan and this plan costs $99 a year. This package has the normal features of Pretty Links but is in a limited capacity and is only for use with one WordPress website. You also get one-year free support, as well as updates. This plan is best for use by those who are new to blogging and are looking to get a taste of the pro version.
Click here for a $50 discount from WHR Marketing making the Beginner Plan cost just $49!
Pretty Links Marketer Plan
The second plan, which happens to be the most used plan is the Marketer Plan. Once you understand how the Pro Package works and you’re serious about expanding, you need this plan. The plan costs $149 a year and can be used on two WordPress websites. This package also comes with one-year worth of additional support and updates. You will also have access to advanced add-ons that don’t exist in the Beginner Plan.
Click here for a $50 discount from WHR Marketing making the Beginner Plan cost just $99!
Pretty Links Super Affiliate Plan
The best and most expensive plan is called the Super Affiliate Plan. As the name implies, this is for the heavy-hitting affiliate marketer, the so-called giants. This plan can be used on as much as five WordPress websites and has all the features present in the marketer plan and more. This plan costs $199 a year and comes with one-year support and updates, as well as priority support.
Click here for a $50 discount from WHR Marketing making the Beginner Plan cost just $149!
Pretty Links Coupon
All of these Professional Packages are available on the Pretty Links website where you can find favorable deals. You can also make use of our Pretty Links Coupon Codes which can get $50 off your purchase.
Use this exclusive code in our Pretty Links Review – Click here
Pretty Links Free Trial
Pretty Links come with a Free Version. This isn’t exactly a Free Trial, but it is still a free version of the product. There isn’t a time limit on their Free Trial, but the trial comes with a lot of limitations. You have access to fewer features, and they are not as effective as the Pro Version. There is also no priority with customer support, so you may not get the kind of service you need. You will need to upgrade to the Pro Version for access to more websites and other advanced add-ons.
Pretty Links Review Summary
That's it for our Pretty Links Review.
We have considered many features of Pretty links and reasons to use the plugin.
Now we have to answer a question that many people may still have on their minds, Is Pretty Links worth it?
All the evidence we have seen so far points us to one simple answer: YES!
Not only is the plugin a very cheap addition to your website, but it provides you with so many benefits.
From tracking your links to improving your SEO rating on your website, the benefits are endless.
The plugin also makes life simpler as you can automate many processes and still get very effective results.
So, you can get the best out of your business as an affiliate marketer and improve your earning potential.
We have concluded that Pretty Links isn't just a great plugin, but a must-have for all website owners!
Click here for a $50 discount from WHR Marketing
Pretty Links FAQS
What is a pretty Link cloaking?
Pretty Links is a link cloaking tool to create cleaner link text to establish trust from an audience.
How do I make a pretty Link?
You can make a pretty Link from your domain or landing page to another site using a URL with a question mark.
To create a pretty Link you would enter the Site's URL, the Title of the destination Page and finally the destination URL.
What is an example of cloaked link?
The most common example is making a link easier for people to remember by using the URL, the Title of the destination Page and finally the destination URL.
For example, instead of
You can create a cleaner link such as:
Can I use pretty links without WordPress?
Yes, in fact I would recommend using pretty links on any site since it will provide cleaner link text. For WordPress sites this is particularly true within the content of posts and pages where you are required to use your own URL's.
Will Pretty Links get me penalized or banned by Google?
No, there is no reason for you to get penalized or banned by Google if you use pretty links.
Google recognizes that the usage of Pretty Links is not intended to create spammy, artificial or deceptive link building techniques and has no plans to punish people for using Pretty Links.
What is pretty Links Pro?
Pretty Links Pro allows you to easily add custom goal tracking parameters to your pretty links.
Where can I find the Pretty Link Code?
You can find the Pretty Link code by going to: and entering your domain or your landing page and then selecting what type of promotional link you want to create.
Is it possible to track pretty Links?
Yes, you can easily track pretty links with Google Analytics by exporting your Google Analytics data into an Excel file and then opening the Excel file in Pretty Links Pro. You will then select all of the traffic that you would like to track as a referral source for Google Adwords. Once you have completed these simple steps the next time someone clicks on your pretty link they will be identified as a referral source for Google Adwords in Google Analytics.
How do I use pretty links in WordPress?
To use pretty links in WordPress you will need to install the Pretty Links plugin. Once it is installed go to Tools – Pretty Links and select “Add New” this will open up a pop up box where you can enter your domain or landing page, the title of the destination Page and finally the destination URL.
Does pretty link have an API?
Yes, in fact you can use pretty links Pro's API to integrate pretty Links with your website. Pretty link Pro provides an example on their blog of how they integrated the API into WordPress.
What is link cloaking?
Link Cloaking is a technique in which a web page displays one URL to human visitors and another URL to search engines. This is done by using redirects or disguising the linked webpage through various methods. This tactic can be used to attract more search engine traffic at the expense of user experience if implemented incorrectly.
What is the difference between a cloaked link and a pretty link?
There is no difference between a cloaked link and a pretty Link, both are simply links with textual information on them. The only difference is the usage of Pretty Links which can be used to make links easier for users to remember or more attractive visually. However, it is important to note that if you use Pretty Links as a link cloaking technique it will not be beneficial since Google can tell when you are using Pretty Links to hide the destination URL.
How can I make my affiliate link look better?
You can easily make your affiliate links look better by using pretty links. Pretty links allow you to create eye catching, easy to remember and visually appealing URLs for all of your affiliate marketing campaigns.
Is there a limit on how many characters that I can use in the title field?
The maximum number of characters that you can use in the Title field is 255 characters.
Can I use my own URL's with pretty links? Yes, you can enter any URL in the “destination” section when creating a new Pretty Link.
Does Pretty Link Pro work with both short and long domain URL's?
Yes, it is possible to create pretty links for both short and long URL's.
Does Pretty Link Pro work with both www and non-www domain URLs?
Yes, pretty Links Pro works with both www and non-www domains.
Is it possible to integrate a prelaunch page into a pretty link? Yes, the pricing plan allows you to track prelaunch pages within your pretty links.
Does Pretty Link Pro offer a money-back guarantee?
Yes, it is possible to request for a refund within 60 days of purchase. You can contact us using the contact form on their website or send an email to email@example.com. Please note that they do not accept refunds if you are simply unhappy with the service and not if you have used it less than 14 days.
Is Pretty Link Pro a scam?
Pretty Links Pro is definitely not a scam, in fact they offer to refund your purchase within 60 days of your purchase. They also provide an extensive amount of information on their blog and website in order for potential customers to make an educated decision.