Top 9 SEO Tools recommended by WHR Marketing
Have you just started your startup business, or is your business thriving and has far-reaching customers through your website? If so, you need to think about your website and the services/products you offer appearing in the top list in search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Appearing in the top organic search list in search engines offers your business a chance to thrive in a competitive business environment. Also, top appearance in organic search means that many internet users can locate your website and products in high priority, increasing your scope of operation and hence increasing profits.
The other question that may be crossing your mind is, “how do I make my blog or website appear on the first page of search engines?” The answer to your question is quite simple. To appear in the top list in the organic search, you need to use the best SEO Tools. This article gives the best 9 SEO tools. First, let us understand what SEO is and then analyze the best SEO tools.
What exactly is SEO?
SEO in full is Search Engine Optimization. This kind of optimization ensures that your website ranks on top or close to the top of the organic search in search engines. In other words, your website or products appears in SERPs. Appearing on top of the search list gives your business a fair competing ground amongst other companies of a similar kind.
Google, the leading search engine, ranks poorly on poorly created pages and websites using some specific algorithms; hence, they won't be found in the top search list. You need the best SEO strategies and tools to maintain good search results to ensure that your website is not weeded out.
SEO tools refer to instruments that offer and monitor the progress of your website and provide alerts about what needs to be done about your website to rank in the top search list. These tools also signal what prevents your website from being ranked on top and increase your visibility in the SERPs.
As aforementioned, SERP is an abbreviation for Search Engine Results Page. It means the page that displays whenever you type anything on Google. The SERP contains the best-ranking websites.
Each SERP is different for every search on Google. Google personalizes the search results for every user and thus filters out what to display for every specific individual. Appearance on the SERP may be through the following four ways:
- Organic listings. These listings pop up whenever you type anything on Google. The listings are based on how best a specific website utilizes SEO tools. The website that uses the right tools and strategies appears in the SERP.
- Sponsored results. As the name suggests, online users can see your content in the form of advertisements. These adverts appear at the bottom or top of your page. Google indicates that these advertisements are sponsored and are displayed with an “Ad” tag.
- Google knowledge panels. These panels typically appear on the right side of the page and offer brief information about what you're looking for.
- Rich features. These features are just like google knowledge panels in that they add additional features to the SERP. They display on the right side of the page. Examples include carousels and snippets.
Organic search listings give your website visitors confidence in your services and products of the four ways to appear in the SERP. Ranking at the top means your website will attract a reputation and always lead to your products' sales. The following SEO tools will keep your website traffic always on top of the search engines' par.
SEMrush is the #1 SEO Tool recommended by WHR Marketing in 2022. It is efficient for small, midsized, and large-scale business users. SEMrush is trusted by major companies across the globe, such as Tesla, Walmart, Forbes, and Samsung. Being trusted by these significant companies gives it a reputation as the number 1 SEO tool. This tool offers free 7-day access to all toolkits and can be canceled anytime. You can be sure that by choosing SEMrush, your online visibility will grow immensely.
SEMrush has On-Page SEO Checker, which offers backlinks ideas, content ideas, strategy ideas, SERP features Ideas, Technical SEO ideas, and semantic ideas. These help position your website or blog at the top of the SERP. It also offers Site Audit information, indicating the errors and warnings on your website. You can uncover hundreds of thousands of local and national keywords, run technical SEO audits and track your SERP position daily.
image credit: Semrush
Most importantly, SEMrush helps analyze your competitors’ tricks in their business success. This is possible through Domain versus Domain analysis, which compares two websites. With this tool, you can compare your page's performance with that of your competitors. This tool also has the On-Page SEO Checker tool that enables you to fast-track your rankings and guidelines to improve your website's performance.
The pricing for SEMrush’s pro subscription is $119.95.
- Allows you to compare your website's performance with competitors, increasing your ability to remain afloat in the market.
- It offers a comprehensive toolset.
- Has an excellent user interface and an informative dashboard.
- Provides keyword tracking
- It uses complicated terminologies that may not be user-friendly.
- Inaccurate keyword search volume
- Misses a lot of backlink data, and therefore backlink data is ineffective.
#2 Yoast SEO
This tool is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins. Yoast SEO has been in operation for the last 14 years and has helped millions of websites across the globe to up their searchability in search engines.
This tool ensures that your pages load faster since it has an innovative way of managing WordPress data. Schema.org integration in the device helps the search engine understand your content, increasing your probability of getting rich results.
Search engines can understand your site structure to the advanced XML sitemaps offered by the tool. Yoast SEO is your ideal choice if you need consistent snippets and better branding in the search results. To add icing to the cake, the tool offers email support to its premium users, ensuring that they are assisted when they experience any technical issues.
image credit: Yoast
- Offers multilingual support.
- Analyzes the readability of your content, ensuring that both the search engine and humans can be able to read and understand your content.
- SEO analysis helps you consistently choose the correct keyword phrases to rank higher in the SERPs.
- The premium version enables you to optimize your article with related keywords and phrases. Also, it offers internal linking suggestions; thus, you can get suggested associated posts to link to.
- You can connect your Yoast SEO to Zapier, which enables the creation of zaps to instantly share your content on social media platforms.
- Yoast doesn't know when to break its rules to accommodate your appropriate content. Therefore, you may frequently see the red signal pop up in the analysis section, which is quite irritating.
- Yoast does not understand your intent and thus may mislead you if you use a specific keyword variation, which brings about confusion.
- It does not allow for competitor comparison, and thus you may not be able to compete favorably, especially if your website or blog is about digital marketing.
- It does not offer phrasing suggestions.
- It misses rich text schema for specific pages such as articles and news.
This tool is recommended by prominent companies across the globe, such as Facebook, Adobe, LinkedIn, Netflix, and Uber. It is cost-efficient as it offers a 7-day trial for only $7. Ahref enables you to optimize your website by site audits, giving you suggestions on what and where to improve.
Most importantly, it enables you to analyze your competitors' backlinks, which can be used to benefit your own company. You can also learn the specific keywords that your competitors use that make them highly ranked. Pages that are highly competitive in the market, bringing the most consumed organic traffic. Paid traffic research helps you to grasp whether your competitors are involved in paid search advertising and, if so, where they channel their paid traffic.
image credit: Ahrefs
Through Ahref, you get to understand what your customers are looking for and thus get the right keyword ideas to employ. With Ahref, you can get keyword ideas for up to ten different search engines, including Amazon, Bing, Yandex, YouTube, and Baidu, among others, enabling you to customize your content s per the customers' needs.
Ahref lets you track your ranking progress and gives you ideas for improving the ranking. With the content explorer option, you can learn the top-performing content of your industry.
- Competitors’ analysis
- Plenty of tutorials on how to rank in the SERPs
- Offers proper link filtering and keyword in all reports
- Easy to find LSI Keywords
- Offers SERP history
- It is not easy to use for many customers
- Sluggish optimization tools
- It is pretty expensive to acquire and lacks affiliate programs to offer. The most minor paid membership is quite costly and has limited features, and limited searches per month.
This is a free SEO tool, but you can upgrade it to the premium version. If you are a small-scale business startup, this tool is ideal for you as it does not exhaust your pockets. This tool allows for competitors' analysis and comparison, enabling you to identify the keywords that your competitors use on their website, the clicks that your competitor gets in a month, who their organic and paid competitors are, and much more.
You can identify how many times a keyword has been used in a month and determine the ranking difficulty for the keyword. The rankings offer, especially in the free version, are not always accurate.
#5 Moz Pro
This is one of the best SEO software recommended by many experts. Despite Google’s regular algorithm changes, Moz is always up. The software offers keyword research, backlink analysis, rank tracking, and site audits. The customer's chat portal enables you to respond to every question you may have. You get to understand how your website performs and how to improve it.
image credit: Moz
Most importantly, this SEO tool has the page optimization feature, which offers the steps to improve the searchability of every page on your website. You can compare your site's optimization and traffic to competitors, enabling you to compete favorably by understanding your competitors' web practices that allow them to compete against you. With a startup cost of $99.00/mo. You could get this tool crucial SEO tool.
- Allows for competitor analysis
- It enables you to discover new keywords to use on your website.
- Enables you to identify issues affecting your website
- It improves your SEO rankings
- Offers a 30-day free trial version
- It is time-consuming; from the foregoing, it has robust software you must train yourself on
- It is expensive, especially the plan that offers many of the features you need for SEO
- Their charts and graphs are not the optimal
The most remarkable feature of KWFinder is that it enables you to identify long-tail keywords whose choice decreases competition. It also has a Rank Tracker Tool, which helps you know your SEO ranking and offers recommendations for improvement. In addition, the tool gives millions of keyword ideas that allow you to rank higher against your competitors.
image credit: KWFinder
This tool will find the best SEO keywords and analysis reports on SERP and backlinks. This tool pulls up suggestions for the keywords you are searching for and explains how they compare.
- It is much easier to use compared to other SEO tools
- It is fast. It pulls keywords and related suggestions fast
- Filters results
- No installation of complex software. All you need is an internet connection since it is a web-based application
- It offers a 10-day trial version which does not require credit card information.
- Limited keyword searches no matter the package you subscribe to.
- Its money-back guarantee is limited to only two days.
- The packages are pretty expensive.
- It does not allow for customization of the SERPChecker preview.
Just like Spy Fu, Woorank offers both free and paid options. The icing part of this tool is that it allows you to venture into your competitors’ boardroom and discover the choice of their keywords so that you can learn to figure out how to overlap with theirs.
Woorank will enable you to discover how specific keywords rank over time and optimize them to increase your visibility in the SERPs. It also allows you to identify your website's technical and content deficits and bridge the gap as appropriate. Other crucial benefits of using Woorank are identifying duplicate content, security issues, downtime, and providing guidelines on how to resolve the problems.
However, the shortcoming of Woorank is that the recommendations offered to fix the issues are not helpful.
Are you worried about the expensive plans posted by SEO tools? If so, you can cast your worries under the bus, as Ubersuggest is an entirely free keyword finder tool. It helps you to identify both short-tail and long-tail phrases to use on your website. This tool also offers suggestions on the right keywords to use and their respective competitive suggestions.
This fantastic free tool provides comprehensive reports about competition, keyword volume, and seasonal trends. Ubersuggest has a shortcoming: the mobile layout is not user-friendly and does not offer a mobile application.
#9 Long tail pro
This tool generates long keywords that enable you to rank higher in the SERPs. More importantly, it gives you insights into your competitor's strategies, and thus you can compete favorably in the digital market. Long tail pro also keeps track of your rankings and gives ideas on how you can always remain afloat.
With a starting budget of $207 annually, you will get premium access to long tail pro. This is quite economical compared to other plans. The plan comes with important premium features such as backlink analysis, site analysis, account management, rank tracker and keyword research. Long tail pro has a lucrative new year offer of a discount of up to 60%! You can visit their website and grab your offer immediately.
Best SEO Tools Summary
This article lists the best SEO tools, capturing both the premium and free tools. The simplified list saves you time-wasting research on many other SEO tools that may not likely meet your needs. These tools allow you to produce competitive SEO-optimized content in the digital marketing docket.
Most of the tools in the list have trials and features to try out and discover what best suits your interest. With these seven tools, your searchability in the SERPs significantly improves, enabling you to achieve your business goals.
Content Generator says
Artificial intelligence creates content for the site, no worse than a copywriter, you can also use it to write articles. 100% uniqueness 🙂
Joe Ephgrave says
Thanks for contributing your thoughts to the topic on best SEO Tools 🙂